Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Baggage.

There are some really bizarre people in this world, and I think most of them are checking out the online dating scene right now. Here's a tip I'd like to offer up to the online dating community...no wait...let's expand that to every single person in the world: the first sentence that you say to a stranger who you are interested in getting to know should not simultaneously set them up to be insulted and make it clear to them that you have some serious baggage.

Hi. I'm fine. Oh wait, you didn't ask. You're just getting down to business. Alright.

Let's be honest. Sometimes we're all a little demanding. Like when I'm sharing a plate of french fries with someone, and then we both notice that there's only one fry left, and I want it. I demand it, you could say. Then there are other times, like when a friend and I order tempura fried veggies, and let's say that there are some mushrooms mixed in, and I don't like mushrooms, so then I'd generously offer those to my friend. You follow? I hope that answers your question.

Now let's talk about your issues. Another way that you could have worded this e-mail would have been "My ex was a huge bitch who seriously scarred me, you want in?" I just don't think it's a wise way to initiate conversation, and let me tell you, I'm a very awkward person who has attempted to start conversations by blurting out phrases like "I want to be you!" and "Has your horse ever had babies?", so this isn't coming from a place of judgement, but rather from a place of understanding. You see, with online dating you have the advantage of not having to be quick on your feet. So relax, take a breather, and quite honestly, try a little bit harder.

Deleted.

No comments:

Post a Comment